Chamilo is a project that opts for free software (meaning open source with a high ethical goal) in a radical way. It aims at bringing you the best e-learning and collaboration platform in the open source world. It comes in two flavours: Chamilo LMS, improved and freeer version of a software created in 2001, and Chamilo LCMS Connect, still in development, a new taste of e-learning and much more, that will definitely bring fresh and creative tools to your e-learning experience.
Chamilo is currently used by millions of students around the world, and the feedback from the community is great. Governments, private companies, public and private universities, NGO and other types of organizations use the Chamilo software suite to manage from simple live training to full distant learning, certification center, e-courses shop and staff selection.
Chamilo is a brand owned by the Chamilo VZW (non profit association). The trademark is not and will never be owned by a single trademark holder, thus considerably reducing the risk of deriving from the open source philosophy.
Aiming to protect the software and to keep it free and open, the association has been created to watch over the future of the Chamilo software.
- Easy creation of educational content
- Easy and free installation on web hosting solutions
- Tracking of users results, allowing for methodology improvements
- Clean interface, letting user focus on learning
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication channels
- Many tools allowing for all learning types (visual, auditive, practical, serious games, staff selection)
- Extensive documents management capabilities
More information on : www.chamilo.org